Saturday, February 2, 2013

Rubberman Triumphant

Well, after all is said and done, the 'Rubberman' book, working title currently "Rubberman's Cage" has won my attentions over "The Serial Bleeder".

Bleeder had a magic component to it.. which.. I can't suspend my disbelief enough to write magic. Sorry. If I can't, I don't expect my readers to. It had a lot of fun elements in it, which might get recycled, (sans magic) and for all I know, end up with the same title, but that's for AFTER Rubberman, at earliest.

If you haven't heard me talk about it before, Rubberman starts out in an apartment-sized environment, controlled by the unspeaking Rubberman, who punishes inhabitants with electrical shocks. The four inhabitants have to sleep, eat, work, and exercise on a regular timetable.

And this is normal for them. They've never known another life, and don't know there's a world outside. They've never heard of the sky, the sea, or 'females'. But they're content.

Mostly.

At first.

I kind of want to tell more, but.... I don't want to give away too much. Not yet.

No comments: