Sunday, July 12, 2009

Yute in 'post pruduction'. And I need sleep.

My darlin lil girl Caitlin has managed to con me out of a LOT of sleep in the last 2 weeks, and the last day and a half have been the icing on the cake. I'm so tired I got some messed up 2nd wind, got re-tired, and re-vitalized, and now I may be a member of the undead.

Well, the Yute manuscript is in the hands of the first of 4 volunteer editors, (my dad, Gill) I've been working on some of the promo gear.. bookmarks, signs... and I need a punchy tagline...


Lifehack had something like:


She lost her brother,

She learnt to fight a legion of the dead,
Scavenging to survive for two years.
And then, to make things difficult,
She fell in love with a straight girl.

That worked pretty good. People would walk by, skimming past the first part, all pretty cliche, until they hit the last line, and I could see their faces turn to curiosity. Awesomesauce.

I need a short, short blurb like that for Watching Yute. Key elements that would summarize without spoilers are:

-
lesbian hero (Quite different from Regan, FYI)
-
Nanites at work (secretly) in some un-specified manner
-
Revenge (though I really dont wanna use the WORD revenge of vengence, cuz it sounds too cliche)

it might also mention starting a new life, a violent man, or a coward covering his butt. I think that's plenty to work with... So far I have stuff like:


"She found a new girlfriend at a new position, but secretive nanites are attracting the eye of some violent men"


I dunno... that's not BAD, but I have time to refine it.. any ideas? I might turn this into a contest to announce on the forums, with a copy of the book for a prize.... I dunno.


I need sleep. Why aren't I sleeping? I. Hurt. I'm that tired. And I'm hot. Sweating the kind of sweat that stings your eyes. Am I whining? Yes. Are blogs with whining annoying? Yes. Is that going to stop me? Ehh.....

No comments: